- "Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Trust in God; trust also in me.
- In my Father's house are many rooms; if
it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place
- And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
- You know the way to the place where I am
- Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't
know where you are going, so how can we know the way ?"
- Jesus answered, "I am the way and the
truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- If you really knew me, you would know my
Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
- Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father
and that will be enough for us."
- Jesus answered: "Don't you know me,
Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has
seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
- Don't you believe that I am in the Father,
and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own.
Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
- Believe me when I say that I am in the Father
and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles
- I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith
in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than
these, because I am going to the Father.
- And I will do whatever you ask in my name,
so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
- You may ask me for anything in my name,
and I will do it.
- "If you love me, you will obey what
- And I will ask the Father, and he will give
you another Counselor to be with you forever --
- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept
him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives
with you and will be in you.
- I will not leave you as orphans; I will
come to you.
- Before long, the world will not see me anymore,
but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
- On that day you will realize that I am in
my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
- Whoever has my commands and obeys them,
he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and
I too will love him and show myself to him."
- Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But,
Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world
- Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me,
he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him
and make our home with him.
- He who does not love me will not obey my
teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who
- "All this I have spoken while still
- But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom
the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind
you of everything I have said to you.
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give
you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.
- "You heard me say, 'I am going away
and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am
going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
- I have told you now before it happens, so
that when it does happen you will believe.
- I will not speak with you much longer, for
the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me,
- but the world must learn that I love the
Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me. "Come now;
let us leave.