- You must teach what is in accord with sound
- Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy
of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.
- Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent
in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to
teach what is good.
- Then they can train the younger women to
love their husbands and children,
- to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy
at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will
malign the word of God.
- Similarly, encourage the young men to be
- In everything set them an example by doing
what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness
- and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned,
so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad
to say about us.
- Teach slaves to be subject to their masters
in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,
- and not to steal from them, but to show
that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching
about God our Savior attractive.
- For the grace of God that brings salvation
has appeared to all men.
- It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness
and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives
in this present age,
- while we wait for the blessed hope--the
glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
- who gave himself for us to redeem us from
all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager
to do what is good.
- These, then, are the things you should teach.
Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.