- "Make the tabernacle with ten curtains
of finely twisted linen and blue, purple and scarlet yarn, with cherubim worked
into them by a skilled craftsman.
- All the curtains are to be the same size
-- twenty-eight cubits long and four cubits wide.
- Join five of the curtains together, and
do the same with the other five.
- Make loops of blue material along the edge
of the end curtain in one set, and do the same with the end curtain in the
- Make fifty loops on one curtain and fifty
loops on the end curtain of the other set, with the loops opposite each other.
- Then make fifty gold clasps and use them
to fasten the curtains together so that the tabernacle is a unit.
- "Make curtains of goat hair for the
tent over the tabernacle -- eleven altogether.
- All eleven curtains are to be the same size
-- thirty cubits long and four cubits wide.
- Join five of the curtains together into
one set and the other six into another set. Fold the sixth curtain double
at the front of the tent.
- Make fifty loops along the edge of the end
curtain in one set and also along the edge of the end curtain in the other
- Then make fifty bronze clasps and put them
in the loops to fasten the tent together as a unit.
- As for the additional length of the tent
curtains, the half curtain that is left over is to hang down at the rear of
- The tent curtains will be a cubit longer
on both sides; what is left will hang over the sides of the tabernacle so
as to cover it.
- Make for the tent a covering of ram skins
dyed red, and over that a covering of hides of sea cows.
- "Make upright frames of acacia wood
for the tabernacle.
- Each frame is to be ten cubits long and
a cubit and a half wide,
- with two projections set parallel to each
other. Make all the frames of the tabernacle in this way.
- Make twenty frames for the south side of
- and make forty silver bases to go under
them -- two bases for each frame, one under each projection.
- For the other side, the north side of the
tabernacle, make twenty frames
- and forty silver bases -- two under each
- Make six frames for the far end, that is,
the west end of the tabernacle,
- and make two frames for the corners at the
- At these two corners they must be double
from the bottom all the way to the top, and fitted into a single ring; both
shall be like that.
- So there will be eight frames and sixteen
silver bases -- two under each frame.
- "Also make crossbars of acacia wood:
five for the frames on one side of the tabernacle,
- five for those on the other side, and five
for the frames on the west, at the far end of the tabernacle.
- The center crossbar is to extend from end
to end at the middle of the frames.
- Overlay the frames with gold and make gold
rings to hold the crossbars. Also overlay the crossbars with gold.
- "Set up the tabernacle according to
the plan shown you on the mountain.
- "Make a curtain of blue, purple and
scarlet yarn and finely twisted linen, with cherubim worked into it by a skilled
- Hang it with gold hooks on four posts of
acacia wood overlaid with gold and standing on four silver bases.
- Hang the curtain from the clasps and place
the ark of the Testimony behind the curtain. The curtain will separate the
Holy Place from the Most Holy Place.
- Put the atonement cover on the ark of the
Testimony in the Most Holy Place.
- Place the table outside the curtain on the
north side of the tabernacle and put the lamp stand opposite it on the south
- "For the entrance to the tent make
a curtain of blue, purple and scarlet yarn and finely twisted linen -- the
work of an embroiderer.
- Make gold hooks for this curtain and five
posts of acacia wood overlaid with gold. And cast five bronze bases for them.