- The proverbs of Solomon: A wise son brings
joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.
- Ill-gotten treasures are of no value, but
righteousness delivers from death.
- The LORD does not let the righteous go hungry
but he thwarts the craving of the wicked.
- Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent
hands bring wealth.
- He who gathers crops in summer is a wise
son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.
- Blessings crown the head of the righteous,
but violence overwhelms the mouth of the wicked.
- The memory of the righteous will be a blessing,
but the name of the wicked will rot.
- The wise in heart accept commands, but a
chattering fool comes to ruin.
- The man of integrity walks securely, but
he who takes crooked paths will be found out.
- He who winks maliciously causes grief, and
a chattering fool comes to ruin.
- The mouth of the righteous is a fountain
of life, but violence overwhelms the mouth of the wicked.
- Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers
over all wrongs.
- Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning,
but a rod is for the back of him who lacks judgment.
- Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth
of a fool invites ruin.
- The wealth of the rich is their fortified
city, but poverty is the ruin of the poor.
- The wages of the righteous bring them life,
but the income of the wicked brings them punishment.
- He who heeds discipline shows the way to
life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.
- He who conceals his hatred has lying lips,
and whoever spreads slander is a fool.
- When words are many, sin is not absent,
but he who holds his tongue is wise.
- The tongue of the righteous is choice silver,
but the heart of the wicked is of little value.
- The lips of the righteous nourish many,
but fools die for lack of judgment.
- The blessing of the LORD brings wealth,
and he adds no trouble to it.
- A fool finds pleasure in evil conduct, but
a man of understanding delights in wisdom.
- What the wicked dreads will overtake him;
what the righteous desire will be granted.
- When the storm has swept by, the wicked
are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.
- As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the
eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him.
- The fear of the LORD adds length to life,
but the years of the wicked are cut short.
- The prospect of the righteous is joy, but
the hopes of the wicked come to nothing.
- The way of the LORD is a refuge for the
righteous, but it is the ruin of those who do evil.
- The righteous will never be uprooted, but
the wicked will not remain in the land.
- The mouth of the righteous brings forth
wisdom, but a perverse tongue will be cut out.
- The lips of the righteous know what is fitting,
but the mouth of the wicked only what is perverse.