- Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains
my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
- He is my loving God and my fortress, my
stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues
peoples under me.
- O LORD, what is man that you care for him,
the son of man that you think of him ?
- Man is like a breath; his days are like
a fleeting shadow.
- Part your heavens, O LORD, and come down;
touch the mountains, so that they smoke.
- Send forth lightning and scatter the enemies;
shoot your arrows and rout them.
- Reach down your hand from on high; deliver
me and rescue me from the mighty waters, from the hands of foreigners
- whose mouths are full of lies, whose right
hands are deceitful.
- I will sing a new song to you, O God; on
the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you,
- to the One who gives victory to kings, who
delivers his servant David from the deadly sword.
- Deliver me and rescue me from the hands
of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful.
- Then our sons in their youth will be like
well-nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn
- Our barns will be filled with every kind
of provision. Our sheep will increase by thousands, by tens of thousands in
- our oxen will draw heavy loads. There will
be no breaching of walls, no going into captivity, no cry of distress in our
- Blessed are the people of whom this is true;
blessed are the people whose God is the LORD.