- Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise,
in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
- It is beautiful in its loftiness, the joy
of the whole earth. Like the utmost heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion, the city
of the Great King.
- God is in her citadels; he has shown himself
to be her fortress.
- When the kings joined forces, when they
- they saw her and were astounded; they fled
- Trembling seized them there, pain like that
of a woman in labor.
- You destroyed them like ships of Tarshish
shattered by an east wind.
- As we have heard, so have we seen in the
city of the LORD Almighty, in the city of our God: God makes her secure forever.
- Within your temple, O God, we meditate on
your unfailing love.
- Like your name, O God, your praise reaches
to the ends of the earth; your right hand is filled with righteousness.
- Mount Zion rejoices, the villages of Judah
are glad because of your judgments.
- Walk about Zion, go around her, count her
- consider well her ramparts, view her citadels,
that you may tell of them to the next generation.
- For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.