- In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let
me never be put to shame.
- Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.
- Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always
go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
- Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the
wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men.
- For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD,
my confidence since my youth.
- From birth I have relied on you; you brought
me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.
- I have become like a portent to many, but
you are my strong refuge.
- My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring
your splendor all day long.
- Do not cast me away when I am old; do not
forsake me when my strength is gone.
- For my enemies speak against me; those who
wait to kill me conspire together.
- They say, "God has forsaken him; pursue
him and seize him, for no one will rescue him."
- Be not far from me, O God; come quickly,
O my God, to help me.
- May my accusers perish in shame; may those
who want to harm me be covered with scorn and disgrace.
- But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
- My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.
- I will come and proclaim your mighty acts,
O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
- Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
- Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake
me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to
all who are to come.
- Your righteousness reaches to the skies,
O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like you
- Though you have made me see troubles, many
and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you
will again bring me up.
- You will increase my honor and comfort me
- I will praise you with the harp for your
faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One
- My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise
to you -- I, whom you
- My tongue will tell of your righteous acts
all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.