- Then he showed me Joshua the high priest
standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side
to accuse him.
- The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke
you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man
a burning stick snatched from the fire ?"
- Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes
as he stood before the angel.
- The angel said to those who were standing
before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua,
"See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."
- Then I said, "Put a clean turban on
his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while
the angel of the LORD stood by.
- The angel of the LORD gave this charge to
- "This is what the LORD Almighty says:
'If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then you will govern
my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these
- "'Listen, O high priest Joshua and
your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come:
I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.
- See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua!
There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription
on it,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and I will remove the sin of this land in
a single day.
- "'In that day each of you will invite
his neighbor to sit under his vine and fig tree,' declares the LORD Almighty."